Tuesday 7 February 2017

Progress on the tentacle beast

I added the harness to one of the beasts. First I put on some small metal rings that I found on some cheap necklaces. I then mixed some milliput and GS together.
This is the first time I've used this mix and I really like it. It works nice and smooth like GS but has more solidiity to it, like milliput and it wasn't flaking like milliput tends to do by itself. This should help me stretch my stores of GS out a bit and make it cheaper too, win win!
I rolled out some thin strips of putty and put this into the grooves I had previously made. This gave it a look of tight harnesses on a rather squidgy organism.


After doing this I added some gill type breathing things to the front. To begin with it look very much like a toy rubber duck for the bath. I added a few more layers of it, and while still looking like a duck, it is toned down a little bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment